Monday, March 2, 2009

Thai School Buses

Two young students sat across from me on the train. They mostly did their makeup, giggled and stared at me. I was too tired to start a conversation, so I sat quietly until they left. Because of budgetary limitations on education, schools in rural areas suffer from a lack of funding. I read that in many cases, students in these areas travel 60-80 kilometers to school each day. This is how some Thai students commute to school, from a train into the bed of a pick up truck. Click for a closer look.

1 comment:

  1. So most Thai students usually commute to school by train everyday? And some students aren't able to take enough education from goverment just because of budgetary limitations?? I just feel like I;d like to know education system or situation in Thai..It seems different from Korea.

    ReplyDelete